Saturday, March 28, 2020

Companion Carpet Bag in Paris Fabric

I made this Companion Carpet Bag in a home dec Paris print fabric. The pattern is from Sewing with Mrs. H. This is the small sized bag, which is a really nice size and quite roomy inside. The pattern also includes a large size bag as well.

I have made several of these Carpet bags over the years and still love this pattern. When I cut this Paris fabric, I fussy cut the pocket so it matched the rest of the print exactly. When it came time to add some handles, I realized that whatever kind of handles I were to add would cover up the face of the woman on both the front and the back of the bag, since the back is exactly the same, except no pocket on the back. So I looked around in my box of assorted made handles and found these wooden handles, which would work well. I just had to add strap tabs and sew them at the top in the seam so it wouldn't cover up any of the fabric print.



The bottom of the bag I added purse feet and a stabilizer to keep the bottom shape.

The back is the same as the front, except no pocket here.

This bag opens nice and wide. I added a zippered pocket and a slip pocket inside.



Now you can see the bag with the handles up.
This is in my Etsy Shop for sale.
  Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. your fussy cutting is PERFECT. i love this bag and you did an excellent job. i really like the way it opens you can really see what you have inside. its a great bag and every time i see a carpet bag i think of Mary Poppins and it makes me happy. great job
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Paris sewing themed fabric? What a find! Great job on the fussy cutting as well as thinking on the fly to ensure that it's visible.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...