Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Warren the Bear

I saw this bear online from Shiny Happy World and had to make some. They call for using polar fleece, which I made the 2 pink floral ones out of, but the other 2 I used wool. I have a lot of wool from old suits and sweaters, so thought this would be a good project for using up some of the wool.

You can make Warren with a few nose choices and a couple of muzzles choices or a tummy, but you can't include all in one bear. You can also add a heart too. So I made a variety and each give a different personality to Warren. Warren (the Charity Bear) is a free pattern too. Easy to make and so cute and cuddly. These would make great gifts for little ones or to donate to your local police when a child needs comforting, or other charitable organization.

Shiny Happy World has so many cute applique quilts, crochet animals, stuffed toys, embroidery and other sewn things too. It is a happy site to go to. I love the cute animals on her site. Lots of free stuff and other patterns to buy as well.

Here are the four Warren Bears I made~

Made with herringbone wool.

This was from a wool sweater I washed and felted.

All 4 bears. Two with tummies and 2 with different muzzles. A couple of different noses. All have a different personality.

These are polar fleece bears with wool accents.

Wool muzzle and nose.

These are the wool bears.
I will be making more of these bears. I may need to sew some patchwork wool first to get large enough body pieces first though. I have plenty of noses, muzzles and tummies I can cut, but the body pieces need large enough pieces and I may need to either sew pieces together first to create large enough body pieces or use some other wool I have around. I could make some out of cotton fabric too, since there are no raw edges showing on the body, just the muzzle, nose and tummy. The nose, muzzle and tummy can be made out of any felt and I have lots of acrylic felt too.
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. These bears are too cute. I love them all. Thanks for the link to the pattern. I might try one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun to see something totally different than quilting! Adorable bears. I had to check out the link and they do have very cute things, I pinned a few applique ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these bears are adorable, i saw yours and had to make some too. i used some Guatemalan fabric and they came out so cute. i love the variety you made, the subtle difference give each a fun personality. i really like that you used wool.
    great job and thanks for letting me know about this website.
    tara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...