Saturday, March 9, 2019

A Llama Yarn Bag & a Selvage Yarn Bag for Knitting

I made a couple of yarn bags. One is made using selvages from the edges of fabrics that I sewed to create this bag. I ended up sewing a white binding around the edges of this bag because I liked it better than the blanket stitching I did here, but I forgot to photograph the new edging.

This is back of the bag with the zipper. 

I also added a grommet to each side for yarn to come through. But again, I forgot to take a photo after I inserted the grommet.

Bag front.


Inside the bag is a couple of divided slip pockets.


Next is a llama print yarn bag. I added a divided slip pocket on the outside front of this bag.
I also inserted some grommets later on this bag, but didn't take a photo of them, so here the yarn is shown out the top of the bag.

Inside the bag has more divided slips pockets and it's roomy inside as you can see when I place this skein of yarn in it to show the scale.



I added a zippered pocket to the back of the bag.


Pin It Now!

10 comments:

  1. These bags are wonderful! I love the one made out of selvages - great use for those strips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both great yarn bags, Daryl. Very roomy for a nice size project too. The one made with selvedge is, of course, my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These bags are so nice. I've got to start saving my selvages :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit I've never made a bag for yarn. My old stand by is placing the ball of yarn in a bowl when working. Otherwise its stored in a tote or grocery bag. These bags are a great idea. I like the addition of the grommets for threading the yarn through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i recently took a selvage class from you and it was amazing. i learned so much and now i'm addicted. i will NEVER throw away a selvage again. Your ideas are so inspiring. i Love how you used them to make so many different things. the knitting bag is fantastic. OF course i do love the llama one because it matches my zipper bag. you are so creative.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter would love one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these bags! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really clever to add the grommet for the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know a lot of people who would love that bag made from selvedges. But the llama one is cool too! Thank you for linking up to the Peacock Party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You said that you liked this pattern better than the lorelei jayne pattern (you like the handle better). What pattern does this one use?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...