Monday, March 18, 2019

Batik Yarn Bag

I made this yarn bag using strips of batiks. The pattern is a tutorial from Lorelai Jayne. It is the kind of bag you are supposed to wear on your forearm and if you want to you can walk and knit (or crochet) as it's on your arm. The top handle part of the bag is a bit too wide though if you prefer to grab and carry in your hand. This bag is a bit smaller than the other 2 yarn bags I made recently (the Llama print and the Selvage yarn bags). I used a different pattern for those other yarn bags and I like the other size and handle better. Still this yarn bag is nice and great looking in batik fabric, of course!

I added a front pocket to the bag. 


I also added a pocket to the back of the back as well as the front. I quilted the bag in wavy lines.


Bottom of bag.

Inside is a slip pocket on one side.

Across from the slip pocket, I also added a zippered pocket. 

I Donated this bag to raise funds for Alzheimer's Disease in 2022.


Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. This bag is nice too, but I can see that the handle is a bit on the wide side. But hey we all have different likes so someone will snatch it right up! I think that I have that lining fabric also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect size for a yarn bag, you need a size that will work for those small to medium size patterns you want to carry around. you made this one to be bright a cheerful what a great use of batik strips.
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bag! Batiks are one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...