Sunday, October 21, 2012

Knit Sampler Scarf

I am teaching a beginner knitting class and this is the 2nd project that I will teach the class how to knit. This is a sampler scarf from a free Lion Brand pattern I found online, and it's called The Road Scarf. It is supposed to be longer than this, but I ran out of yarn. I wanted to show the class an actual example of how the scarf and the various stitches should look, so I knit this with a skein of yarn I had on hand. I chose this pattern to teach them how to read a knitting pattern as well as learn how to knit different knit & purl combinations.

Knit Sampler Scarf.

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of ​​making a scarf using different patterns, not long ago I bought a book to learn to read a knitting pattern and actually I'm making a scarf, all the same pattern and finally I find it boring,. I'm actually doing two, one in crochet ( The advantage of crochetto is that it fast forwards) and another that is knitted. Now that I saw your scarf, I know that the next scarf, it will be like yours.
    Really beautiful, I love it!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Marisa.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...