Sunday, September 18, 2011

Metal Tape Measure Snap Bag

This is the first and only bag I have made using a couple of pieces from a metal tape measure. My husband's metal tape measure broke and he was going to throw it away, so I said I wanted it and cut the tape measure into several pairs of different sizes. I finally got around to making one. It turned out nicely. I added the Prairie Points to the front and back of the bag thinking that I could use them as pulls to open the bag, but it didn't work at all. So I sewed a double-stacked button all the way through the bag as a decorative element instead. I am going to use this a a lunch bag. I doubt I will make any more of these, as I really don't care for the metal snap closure that much. It doesn't stay open. I prefer making zipper bags instead.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea, I never thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for stopping by to comment. If you do not hear back from me via email, then you are a no-reply and I cannot reply because you do not have your email address listed in your settings. I do appreciate every comment. Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...