Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fabric & Shirt Dyeing Day

I tie-dyed about 2 dozen shirts (tee-shirts and blouses), plus cotton fabric at the end of August. I let the items soak in the buckets for all day. The next day, I rinsed them out and washed them. I kept the excess dye in the buckets and dyed some more fabric as well as some rayon/wool blend felt, some cotton crocheted doilies, some cotton lace and rayon fabric. The darker dyes still dyed dark, but some of the other dyes dyed a lighter shade. So I ended up with quite a bit more dyed items by using the dye again the second day. I could have probably dyed more a third day with some of the dyes, but I was so tired I decided not to bother. I was pleased with most of dyed items. A few didn't come out as well as expected, but most did and some even better than I expected. I will try and take photos of a few shirts to post later.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a great project. What kinds of dyes do you use.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for stopping by to comment. If you do not hear back from me via email, then you are a no-reply and I cannot reply because you do not have your email address listed in your settings. I do appreciate every comment. Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...