Sunday, September 12, 2010

Linen Stitch Knit Scarf

This scarf was knit with the linen stitch, which looks somewhat like it's been woven instead of knitted: On the left side the back of the scarf shows and has more of a bumpy texture:

I bought this beautiful wool yarn at the Taos Wool Festival in Taos, New Mexico a few years ago and finally decided to make something with it. I bought 2 skeins because I wasn't sure what I would make with it or how much yarn I would need, but thought 2 skeins would be enough for a scarf and a hat. So now that the scarf is made, I will decide what to make with the remaining skein and leftovers from the first skein.
The yarn is so soft, and it doesn't itch at all like so many other wool yarns do. It is from the Plain & Fancy Sheep & Wool Co. in Henderson, Texas. I remember having a lot of trouble trying to choose from so many yummy-looking colors of variegated yarns. The colors in the photos don't do it justice as the colors are very deep and rich in person. This color is the Magenta Variegated. Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...