Monday, January 9, 2012

Experimenting With Yarn

I was experimenting with dyeing wool yarn with walnut husks. I first dyed the yarn on the right on the stove, letting it simmer for a couple of hours. The yarn on the left I soaked in water with walnut husks for over 3 weeks. I wanted to see how each method would dye and how dark the walnuts would dye. As you can see there is quite a difference in the hue. The color of the yarn in the dye bath was such a rich dark chocolate brown, but after draining the water and washing & letting the yarn dry, it really lightened up quite a bit for both yarns.
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. That's a very good idea. I like both colors. You could knit something with both colors together.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for stopping by to comment. If you do not hear back from me via email, then you are a no-reply and I cannot reply because you do not have your email address listed in your settings. I do appreciate every comment. Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...