Thursday, October 13, 2011

Birthday Gifts for My Daughter & Her Friend

My daughter, Amber, said her friend (Dee) wanted me to make her a quilt for her birthday. She told me Dee didn't want anything else for her birthday except a quilt made by me. So being the wonderful mother I am, I made her a quilt. I first asked Amber what Dee liked. She said anything Japanese (Dee is half Japanese, as her mother is from Japan), especially Cherry Blossoms. She also likes owls. I decided to make a cherry blossom quilt. I machine blanket stitched around the flowers. After I quilted the quilt, I added the button and beads on the flowers. I hung it by a branch onto the wall of my cutting/ironing room. It looks so nice hanging there that I just might need to make another one for me! I'll get to enjoy it for a little while until I give it to Amber to give to Dee.

Close-up of the beads and buttons on the cherry blossom.

Amber has always loved pigs since she was a little girl. So I made her this Pink Piggy quilt. Her birthday is a couple days before Dee's.

Close-up look of the pig.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...