Saturday, February 7, 2015

2015 Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show Quilt Block Challenge

The quilt block challenge this year for the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show (which is also the 40th anniversary of the show) is featuring fabrics designed by Tula Pink, called Moon Shine. Tula is also one of the Quilter's Affair teachers, who teach classes the week prior to the Outdoor Quilt Show. The fabric is presented by FreeSpirit Fabrics. You can find more information, including the contest rules here. The deadline for receiving the blocks is June 15, so you have plenty of time if you would like to enter the contest.

I have entered the contest myself  the past several years and I won an honorable mention 2 years in a row (2012 & 2013). It's a fun way to stretch your creativity by creating a quilt block. You never know if you will be one of the winners. You must use only the fabrics that are sent to you, but you can embellish with all sorts of things like buttons, beads, lace, trim, embroidery stitches, etc. The block can be appliqued or pieced or a combination.

Here are the 7 fabrics that were sent to me. Right now I am just looking at these until inspiration strikes and then I will create my quilt block. How about you? Want to join in on the fun and create a block too?
These are seven fabrics from the Moon Shine line designed by Tula Pink for FreeSpirit Fabrics. These are the fabrics for the quilt block challenge. You might receive these fabrics or some others from the line, or in a different colorway. They mix up the colors sent out, but you will receive a large solid for using as a background fabric if you do applique.
  Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Oh My Dear Daryl...these are great fabrics however I for the life of me do not see how they will all get along in the same quilt block. I do know inspiration will come to you and your block will be fantastic. Creative Quilting Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these fabrics but like the first comment I can't see what I block I would make with them. I'm sure you'll come up with something really creative though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you do with that fabric.I have never been able to do a challenge like this. 2 reasons. I'm slow and don't have the vision.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...