Monday, February 12, 2018

The Subway Bag

This is the Subway Bag (size small) designed by Imazz Patterns. It features a front zippered pocket and a front slip pocket with a flap; a zippered top closure, a back slip pocket and inside pockets too. There are a total of 3 exterior pockets and 3 interior pockets (if you include the pen pocket I always add); so that is 6 pockets in all for organizing what you carry. Plus it has an adjustable strap for wearing across your body. The pdf pattern includes both the large size as well as the small size in the instructions.

The instructions are clear and well written as are all Imazz Patterns. Just read through everything first to see what you will be doing before starting.

I must be dreaming of Hawaii, since I again chose a Hawaiian print fabric (I made the Good to Go Messenger Bag in a different Hawaiian print fabric recently). This fabric is more colorful though.

I added touches of pink and periwinkle to go with the Hawaiian print colors.

The bag closes with a zipper.

Side view to show the depth of the bag.

The front zipper pocket with my handmade zipper pull. The zippered pocket is on top of the slip pocket under the front flap.

The back of the bag has a large slip pocket, which is perfect for holding your phone, or keys for quick access.

Looking down on the back slip pocket.

Inside the bag I added a zippered pocket and a slip pocket too.
This was a fun bag to make. Aloha!
Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. Its a tropical wonder! I love all the pockets and added touches. I think having room to separate out what you put in your purse is what elevates it into being much more functional. I love all the zippers and pockets. Your colors are very cheerful and I appreciate it when you let us know about patterns that are written well, always a plus. great job
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did a fabulous job on this bag! Like Tara, I like the extra pockets and added touches - those zipper pulls are so pretty! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job. Love the fabric and all the pockets and zippers. thanks for sharing the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pockets and secured zipper pockets are always extremely useful. Your bag is beautiful dear. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Hawaiian fabric - winter has been long and devilish this year, so a touch of the tropics is just what the doctor ordered :D That angled zipper in the front pocket intrigues me greatly - it's such a cool idea. Practical, useful, and pretty - must pin for inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great bag and I love the Hawaiian fabric you used! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what took me so long...but your bag is simply wonderful!! ( all your bags are ). You added back pocket which is very very practical. The fabric is vibrant with tropical colors. You must have been missing sunshine so much....
    Thank you, Daryl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...