Friday, November 24, 2017

Sunshine Wristlet as a Cross Body Bag

The Sunshine Wristlet is a free bag pattern by Bagstock Patterns. I have never made any Bagstock Patterns before, so I wanted to try this one. The wristlet can be made with a wrist strap or a strap that is sewn into the bottom portion of the bag as a clutch; however I thought this would look better as a cross body bag, so I added an adjustable strap. I didn't even enlarge it as I thought it was a good size bag as is. In fact a bit too large as a wristlet, in my opinion. But that's what is fun about making bags, you can enlarge or reduce them, add things or subtract things as you wish.

This was an easy enough bag to sew too. I got creative with the strap, as I didn't have enough of either fabric to make a long enough strap, so I sewed the fabrics together and I like how it turned out!


This closes with a zipper on top. A lot of women love a zippered closure (I guess so things don't fall out). I like all closures, depending on the bag style.

Inside there is a slip pocket as well as a zippered pocket.
This one is now in the gift shop.

Linking to Elm Street Quilts Bag It 2017
Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. I like your strap "design decision", and your fabrics - YUMMY :) The brown on the sides looks like suede! I agree that the pattern is more suited to a bag with straps (cross body, or regular over the shoulder) - it seems large for a clutch type bag. Personally - I would put a clutch down and lose it 5 minutes into being out of the house, so clutches don't work for me - I'm just too forgetful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this on my ( always growing) list to make as well. I was thinking about 80% . Knee deep in christmas, so it will have to wait until I pop out the other side in January.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work; and yes, it does look better as a bag. Interesting fabrics; that dark one looks like faux suede and the print is really weirdly unusual. (At first glance I saw a ghost!) How are your sales going so far?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking bag. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts Bag It.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...