Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Tip of the Morning Tuesday~ Spray Mist Bottle

I cannot take credit for tip because a woman in my quilting group shared this tip. She uses a spray mister that hair dressers use for misting fabric for ironing. The mist is much nicer than a regular spray bottle and no more dribbles! She bought her mist bottle at a beauty supply store. I was going to stop by a local beauty supply store, but I was tired and went home. Then I looked on Amazon to read some reviews and I bought Flairosol on Amazon, because it had really good reviews. (I am not an affiliate).

I filled my bottle with a homemade starch solution of Vodka and water. Because I have chemical sensitives, I cannot use regular spray starch! This bottle works great! Love the mist it puts out and it fits nicely in my hand too.

I never put water in my irons anymore. They usually end up dripping and staining fabric and clothes (that's why I stopped using water in irons)! Plus so many times I need a dry iron to iron fusible web, etc.

Here is a recipe (there are a lot of similar ones online) from the Patchwork Posse. It is similar to the Best Press solution.

I may buy another mist bottle for my hair too!
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Daryl,
    The little thumbnail on Connie's website made the bottle look a bit like the neck of a duck. I just had to pop over to see what this was all about. I have never heard of a vodka version of starch! You learn something every darn day. Thanks for the tip and the mister recommendation. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vodka in your spray bottle...I've never heard of this. I'll have to check this out along with that mister. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have to try this one. I also do not put water in the iron anymore - I have stained light color fabrics a few too many times. Now Vodka and water... never heard of it. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for re-sharing this tip. I've been looking for a good mister. And you are so right about the iron's problem with leaking or messing up fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...