Monday, October 16, 2017

Lilac Mini Messenger Bag

This is another free pattern by Blue Calla Patterns, called the Lilac Mini Messenger Bag. I love how she names all her bags after flowers, since her pattern company is also a flower name. Her free patterns are great!!!
I recently bought a fat quarter pack of Route 66 fabric, aptly called Get Your Kicks (by RJR Fabrics). The fabric was purchased at my quilt groups recent garage sale. There were a few different prints in 3 colorways. Some fabrics had road signs, some cars, some iconic places along Route 66 (restaurants, gas stations, etc.) and a map fabric of the states along the route. I am making bags out of the fabric (surprise)! 

I thought the flap of this bag was a good place to show case this print.

A back zippered pocket.


Inside is a slip pocket.


Another one I am linking up to Elm Street Quilts Bag It 2017.
Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. Red and Route 66? Gotta love it, Daryl. I don't know what it is about Route 66 that always attracts my interest, but here's the weirdest coincidence: as I type this I am wearing a t-shirt with a Route 66 print! Looking forward to seeing your other fabric selections come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daryl you always find such fun patterns and fabrics - I love this! And now I'm singing Get your KICKS ... on ROUTE ... 66 ... and I can't stop, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the tip, some of my yoga teachers use those bottles and I've always wondered where they got them. I love using messenger bags I think they're functional and the cross the body feels good to wear. it's also a good way to highlight a fabric and your route 66 looks bold. great job all around.
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a wonderful job on that bag! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts Bag It!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun bag, well done! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you chrisknits. You are a no-reply so i couldn't email you, but appreciate the comment.

      Delete
  7. Most of the blogs pretend themselves as most usable and updated blogs with new information but sometime truth might different. I want to share some facts related to this subject which will help people to enhance their skills.
    ผ้ากันเปื้อน ครึ่งตัว

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...