Monday, October 23, 2017

I Love Home BOM #2

I am making the I love Home Blocks from Jacquelynne Steves, which is a free Block-of-the-Month for 4 months. (Just need to sign up to get the pdf patterns). 

So here is my second block. I used rickrack this time for the roofs, and added some more rickrack around the door and above and below the windows.  I thought I would paint some "smoke" coming out of the chimneys too. I enjoy making these blocks. I used batik fabrics all from my scrap bag too! I haven't even cut out this month's block yet and November is practically here, which means the last block is coming. I better get going!!!


Close up look at my rick rack roofs and smoke out the chimneys.

This is block one that I quilted and made into an individual quilt to hang. 
Jacquelynne also has a Facebook Group that you can join where people who are making these blocks can post their blocks for others to see. I have seen a lot of really nice blocks on her FB group. Some are making their blocks themed like Spring, Fall, Winter, Summer; while others are making some Halloween, Christmas, etc. I love house blocks and I love applique, so I may make these blocks again, making it into a larger quilt too....we'll see.
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Ric Rac Roof! I love it! I've seen it used for flower stems before, but using it for a roof is a great idea - it adds such a fun (fanciful!) dimension :) Cute blocks - I think I saw the house from the second block, just up the street and around the corner :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always adored house blocks and these ones are adorable. of course all of your unique embellishments are what really put the wow into the blocks. great job I look forward to seeing the rest of your neighborhood when you finish the other blocks.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't resist your bright cheerful colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...