Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Travel & Passport Wallet

I made this Travel & Passport Wallet, a pattern by So Sew Easy. I used Hot Air Balloon fabric because I put this in a little gift shop in Albuquerque to sell for the upcoming International Balloon  Fiesta (starting the 1st weekend in October each year). It sold right away! Yay!!! It was a fun pattern and a great way to use up small amounts of fabric for the inside pockets.
It folds in half and the red hair tie wraps around the handmade button to keep it closed.

Inside I used a variety of fabrics that coordinated with the hot air balloon fabric. I also printed out a couple of signs (one for tickets and one for passport) so that when someone looked at it they would know what it was for. This is a good wallet for a couple or family, as there are pockets on both sides for tickets and passports, plus cash can be slipped into either side under the pockets where the yellow striped binding is. The 2 lower smaller pockets can hold ID or credit cards. 

Here you can see it opened out to show the back and front exterior. I may make another one of these for someone I know who will be traveling next year, but I will use different fabrics.
I am participating in Elm StreetQuilts Bag it 2017 and added this to the entry.
Pin It Now!

10 comments:

  1. That sure is a great design for a travel wallet. A place for everything one needs for travel. Cute fabrics for the balloon fiesta. I'm not at all surprised it sold right away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daryl,
    What a wonderful travel document holder! I still use one when I travel, and can say I never thought to make one for myself. Duh!! I love the fabrics you chose - I can easily see why it sold right away. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you made, the fabric is perfect and especially so because its an INTERNATIONAL balloon fiesta so a passport holder if a great match. I will hopefully make this before I go on my vacation. thanks for sharing this. the rounded pockets are a nice touch.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun this travel wallet is. Your Balloon Festival is known world wide and what a great idea to make and sell these for the event and beyond. Excellent gifts too with the holidays coming quickly. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I don't think you could have found a more perfect fabric for the balloon fiesta - what a hoot! I have that pattern too - my friend and I were thinking of trying it but adding a zipper to the outside perimeter. In my case, though, I believe I'm too lazy to work it out, LOL. The rounded edge on the pocket tops adds such a pretty look to the project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute wallet....wish I had of had it years ago when I was traveling

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. That fabric is awesome as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Danice. You are a no-reply, so you might have Google+ which messes up things or you need your email in your settings. Sorry I couldn't directly respond back to you.

      Delete
  8. What a cute bag! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts Bag It event!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...