Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Gotta Love Me Monster, Knit Toy

I was looking for some knitting patterns that I could use up some yarn scraps and found this free pattern, called Gotta Love Me Monster, a knit pattern by Kimberly K. Davis on Ravelry. I added more teeth, since he only had bottom chompers! I also like the larger felt eyes I made better too. I think he turned out cute.



I didn't like the directions for knitting the bottom base because I had to really stretch it to fit, which made it look funny. There was no gauge for this pattern, just worsted weight yarn. So maybe that was the problem? 

His lovely profile!
I might knit me some more monsters and make up my own bottom next time.
Pin It Now!

11 comments:

  1. He's very cute, Daryl! I'm sure he's lots of fun to have around too. Just looking at him makes me smile everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute! I'm thinking for knitting challenged like I am that by maybe using old socks or sweaters, I could come up with a little monster, too. Great use of (yarn) scraps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miriam! You are a no-reply so I didn't have your email to send you a message. Old sweaters would be great to use too!

      Delete
  3. Heehee he's cute - but he needs friends! And he definitely needs a girlfriend :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's soooo cute! You are so varied in your skills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a hoot! He is an adorable little Me Monster.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Daryl, long time no see (because of me) your little monster is adorable !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute little Monster you have knit. Fun for lots of ages...<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...