Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Pick A Pocket Tote

I made a Pick A Pocket tote, which is a small bag with 6 pockets that go around the bag. I first sewed strips of fabric together to create my fabric, then I made the bag. As usual, I made it better by fusing interfacing to the fabric and making the fleece a bit taller, because with the first one I made, there wasn't enough fleece where it gets folded over at the top. This is a free pattern from All People Quilt.
This is how the bag looks on one side.


View from one side of the bag.

The lining has no pockets because all 6 pockets are on the outside of this bag.

This is how the bag looks on the other side.

View from the other side of the bag.

And the pretty bottom of the bag. 
I made this Pick A Pocket Tote first and there wasn't enough fleece at the top and my pink lining fabric wouldn't lie flat as you can see. Plus I didn't like sewing across the handles, especially with the thread being light on the darker fabric.So I also changed that and stitched the handles in place a little below the top of the bag, so I could topstitch the bag all around and move the handles out of the way, as I did in the green tote above. I usually have to make something once and then make changes on the next one (if there is a next one). Some things I can see as I am doing and can make those changes, but some things I cannot until i sew as per instructions and that's when I rewrite my own version. I gave this one to a woman I know who wanted a small bag.

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. How funny, my friend and I were just talking this morning about having a bag with pockets all around it and here it is! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job, I love your fixes for the top of the tote and the stitches on the handles. I like how the handles go all the way around it makes it very sturdy. as usual you did a wonderful job
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos for thinking "outside the tote"! It's good when your first go around projects have a home that they can go to. Interesting idea for the pockets around the outside, but I find myself wondering what the bag looks like when those pockets are loaded up? Any issues?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...