Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Happy 9 Year Blog Anniversary to Me!

As they say time flies and holy cow it's been exactly 9 years ago today that I began this journey sharing my creations through this blog of mine. I learned a lot about writing, photography and creating and I am still learning. My goal was to document what I created, since a lot of what I do was given away as gifts and some things later I sold or gave away to charities or thrift shops. All those years before this blog I had taken some photographs, but then that was before I owned a digital camera and before digital cameras had even been invented!

I have had followers come and go over the years, but I have also made a lot of blog friends and enjoy so much having a little chat now and then through email. A lot of bloggers I had followed left blogging for Facebook and Instagram, etc. and I understand that is much faster way of showing their creations and communicating, but I still find it less personal. If you have a bazillion friends on Facebook, you cannot have enough time to keep up with it all either. I only browse on there once in a while. I too have slowed down with visiting blogs I follow. I still might take a peek, but don't always take the time to comment. I know how valuable time is and trying to keep up with everything is impossible. I do need and want time to create after all. :0)

I want to say thank you to everyone who continues to follow my little blog and thank you to anyone who has been a follower in the past (there must have been something here you liked to give following a try), and thank you to my new followers and thank you to those of you who pop in just to take a peek at my blog too. Thank you to those lurkers out there as well, lol!!! I know a lot of you do not follow in any official way and just pop in from time-to-time to see what's new.

I hope I can continue this blog for a few more years. As long as I can still create I would like this blog to continue. It takes time here to post as well as time to create and photograph what I create and as long as I am able to do all that I would like to keep this little old blog going. Thanks for all the lovely comments and encouragement these past 9 years. Cheers! And please have a slice of virtual cake on me! It's fat-free, calorie-free, sugar-free, guilt-free, so go right ahead and indulge!
Pin It Now!

18 comments:

  1. Congratulations of nine, creative years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just thinking this morning how many bloggers have left for quicker venues. I still love to blog and it's my only "online" presence. I like it.

      Delete
  2. yum, the cake tastes great. 9 years that's impressive and a bit shocking I can't believe its been so long. Does this mean we're old? I've learned so much from you and your blog, please continue to inspire me with your fabulous creations.
    thank you for everything
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! I, too, miss blog days of yore--it always felt like a nice little visit with a friend. Then everyone monetized, and blogs turned into lists upon lists of 'creative uses for watermelon' and '100 ways to use a mason jar' and simply showcased other bloggers with not much original content that drew me in the first place. Such is digital life, I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 9 years of sharing, Daryl! I still love blogging best. And I hope they never add a "LIKE" button. Conversations are always so much better, more personal, a way of connecting with people/artists from around the world that we will most likely never meet otherwise. I'd much rather have two personal, friendly comments than 275 impersonal "LIKES". Raise your fork...here's to more blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 9 years, Daryl. I don't comment on blogs as often as I used to, but that doesn't mean I'm not reading. Time, time - we need more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blogaversary! I enjoy reading your blog; thank you for keeping me inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your interesting blog, I read every one,bloggy 9the birthday wishes to you from England, have a great day. gwen116@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Daryl, on your unique and enduring inspiration. i have followed you for quite awhile, and while I do not do much sewing anymore your blog is like an old friend and I so enjoy all the work you show us. To say nothing of your productivity!!! I have recently decided to let my domaine go in September. I will have the blog copied into a book format so I can keep the memories and the friends close. I don't blog anymore because of the impersonal-ism and the endless monetary quests. Remember when quilt makers would share something they created for free? Now you have to sign up, twitch your nose, remember first pet's name, play the captha game, go to the store where you had to join another site not your choosing. I am so finally over all of that. I not longer want to be a number on a sidebar. Wish you a lot of happiness in your venture -I will be watching with admiration. JudyCinNC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Www.Shadetreequilting.com if anyone is interested before the lights go out JudyC.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on your 9th year Daryl. I don't have a blog, but I do enjoy reading other people's blogs and seeing all the projects they create. I have been disappointed in the fact that so many I enjoyed reading have left to go some where else. I don't always comment, but know that I enjoy your blog posts very much. I hope you stay around for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on 9 years of sharing your wonderful creations. I haven't been a follower for 9 years but I've been around a while. LOL! I plan to continue following as long as you are willing to share. You are so creative and share very interesting pieces.

    Thanks for the cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to have been reading your blog for years. I hope you continue to enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on nine years of maintaining a creative journal. I agree with all of your points above. I've only been journaling for eight years! I totally forget how much awesome sauce I create because most of my makes get given as gifts.
    Blog reads are much more personal than IG.
    Keep on making!
    Someday we are gonna meet up. I met several bloggers at SewExpo in Puyallup this year. I felt like I knew them already and really enjoyed spending time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Daryl Dear. Nine years is quite the commitment and I am very grateful to you for continuing to blog. I am not a fan of IG or other quick-non personal social media methods. I love seeing what you create and enjoy from day to day. Congrats and please keep creating sweet friend. XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!!!! You really are an inspiration to me over the years!! Looking forward to more!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's wonderful Daryl and something to be proud of - 9 years! Woohoo! Congratulations and may you enjoy the next nine years even more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Blog Anniversary Daryl! I am like you, blogging is my online journal and I enjoy it so much more than Facebook or Instagram. I do a little of both of those but blogging is what I really like. Continue the journery!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...