Thursday, June 23, 2016

Dollie Cross Body Bag, Enlarged

I recently made the Dollie Mini Cross Body Bag by Swoon Patterns (a free pattern). Well I wondered if I enlarged the pattern how it would work. So I enlarged it and added some slip pockets inside and side gusset pockets too. It came out nice, although the gusset pockets could have been larger at the top (with a snap or elastic perhaps). What do you think?
I used a red, white and blue variegated thread and decorative stitch to topstitch the flap and tab.

Slip pocket in the back of the bag.

Since I enlarged this bag, I decided to add a slip pocket inside against the front of the bag.


I stitched a decorative stitch down the center of the strap, added a slip gusset pocket on both sides too.


To show you the scale difference, here is Mini Dollie and Bigger Dollie together.

And another view of the 2 side-by-side.

Both of these have sold.

Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. I would kill for a bag like this )))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both bags, especially your fabric choices for the larger one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so smart! How easy is it to slip hand to bottom of gusset pockets?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done and I like your additional pockets. Looks like you are ready for July 4th celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can never go wrong with more pockets. great job and its fun to have the same bag in different sizes. I like how the colors make each other pop.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your red fabric with motifs against the denim blue. You really made a good job of increasing the various parts of the bag. I find the gusset pockets just fine as they are. The sides are slimmer that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable bag Daryl!!! I love the variegated thread stitching details :*). Looks like a nice purse for a casual outing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are awesome. I love the stitching detail and fabric on the bigger bag. Can never have enough pockets. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand another pattern has hopped into my Craftsy shopping cart because of your inspiration - thanks for feeding my addiction! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...