Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Lacy Knit Wool Scarf

I had one skein of yarn that was a Blue-Faced Leicester wool yarn. I had never knit with this type of wool yarn before. It is nice and soft. I decided to knit this lacy scarf from a pattern I had on one of those calendar pages that has a different knit pattern for each day of the year. It's not long enough to wrap around in a loop, but the pattern photo shows it being worn at the side of the neck with a brooch to hold it in place. I love how it turned out and it was an easy pattern to knit too.


If my neck was a skinny as this tree branch, I could wrap the scarf to wear it, lol! But the scarf will need a brooch to hold it in place.


I love the blues and greens of this variegated yarn.


Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. Pretty scarf Daryl! Nice blend colors and I like the design pattern of the knitting. I love how you tied it around the tree branch. Come fall that tree might wish you left the scarf there. LoL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very delicate and beautiful Daryl! The colors are wonderful! I think in a way it will be all the more elegant because of not being able to tie it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great color and the pattern fits the yarn well. it will enhance any outfit. its fun to have a variety of scarves for all occasions.
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are very pretty and I like how the variegation is a bit subtle. Very delicate and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The yarn is indeed beautiful. I like short scarves as they are less bulky. I attach them with a button and yours is perfect for a button with this lacy stitch. Your scarf is very beautiful and would gladly wear it with jeans.
    Thank you for participating to my Fabric, Thread and Yarn link party. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful scarf Daryl! So delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blue/green colour and so delicate, Daryl.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...