Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Serendipity Hip Bag by Chris W Designs

I tested this Serendipity Hip bag for Christine of Chris W Designs at the end of October. It's the perfect bag for running to the store, taking with your on an airplane, bus, or train, or for a walk around town, and measures about W 20cm X H 25cm X D 4.5cm. (W 8" X H 10" X D 1¾”. As usual, Christine's instructions are fantastic and so easy to follow. Christine's bags are always well thought out and this one is no exception. The Serendipity Bag didn't take too long to make and is a simple bag that you might want to wear when you don't want to be bogged down schlepping around a lot of stuff with you. There are 2 credit card slots inside the bag, so you don't need to take your wallet.  There are 2 pockets outside (zipper pocket with a slip pocket behind the zipper, and there is even another slip pocket in there for your phone, so I guess that's really 3 pockets, lol). Inside the bag is another zippered pocket. There are 7 pockets in all, including the credit card pockets. The bag itself closes with a zipper too, so everything is all nice and secure. See all the bags made by the other testers here.  If you would like to purchase this pdf pattern from Christine, please go to her website and if you use the code: hip20 you will get a 20% off discount. Discount is available only at Christine's website. (FYI: I do not earn anything if you purchase this pattern; I was just a tester and I honestly love Christine's bags and her instructions).
While the pattern is written for making an adjustable strap, I found it was just the right size to wear across the body without adding an adjustable buckle. I also opted to not add swivel hooks to clip to the D-rings, as I wouldn't be removing the straps.
As you can see I used a fabric print of the Eiffel Tower. This is the front of the bag with a zippered pocket and another slip pocket behind the zipper pocket, which also has another slip pocket for your phone.
The back of the bag.
Side view. 
I happened to have large charm of the Eiffel Tower so I am using it as a zipper pull. You can even see it says "Paris" on the charm.
This is the phone slip pocket that is inside the larger slip pocket that is located behind the zippered pocket on the outside. Did you get all that? LOL!!
Inside the bag is a zippered pocket and 2 credit card pockets. There is even another slip pocket behind the credit card pockets, which would be a great place to slip in some cash. 
  Pin It Now!

16 comments:

  1. Love that bag Daryl - you do such beautiful work! I have a friend who would flip over it, as she loves all things Paris :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great fabric you chose! And the charm is perfect. This pattern was easy and fast to make. I know you'll be making more as soon as people get to see this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super looking bag, and I always love, love, love the travel themed fabrics! I'm curious as to what the zipper bling is on the inside zippered pocket...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a well done pattern and I love your fabric choices and extra touch of the zipper pull.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too like your fabric choice for this bag! It certainly gives it a little of the French charm and the little Eiffel Tower is such a great addition to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfection, down to the Eiffel charm. I'm in love with the curved top of the bag, it really adds character. the inside zipper and extra pockets are a really handy. great job and wonderful choice of fabric.
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your review of this pattern. I have been looking at the pattern. I never liked a cross body bag, but I am finding it tiresome to have a shoulder bag now. I'm getting forgetful in my old age ~lol~ I had been looking at this pattern and think I'll just go over and order it. thanks again.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Daryk this bag is so pretty and that fabric is lovely, and the charm perfect !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE that bag....your fabric is the best. I love the eiffel tower detail!!! I am heading over to check out the pattern!!! Thanx for the tip and discount!!!

    Nini~

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! such a beautiful bag and I LOVE the fabric and the charm! Have a good evening.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the fabrics you chose Daryl. Both outer and lining fabrics are beautiful and I love your zipper pull too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute bag. Looks like a fun and fast bag project, which would also make a great gift. You've inspired me to check it out. Thanks.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. visiting from sew darn crafty. This looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Bag, love the fabric. love the zipper pull, Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! Pinned it! Lovely work. Thanks for linking up at Inspire Us Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...