Saturday, September 20, 2014

Grab Some Grub Lunch Bag

On Thursday I posted about the Out to Lunch Bag that I tested for Annie of byAnnie.com Today is another lunch bag I tested called Grab Some Grub Lunch Bag. This one looks more like a lunch bag and also holds a lot inside. I didn't have the plastic release buckle so I used a swivel hook and D-ring to close the bag. Annie liked that idea so she added that closure option to the instructions of this bag as well. This bag was a little easier to make than the Out to Lunch Bag in case you are new to bag making. But Annie's instructions are great and she takes you through it step-by-step, so even the harder to make things aren't that hard when you sew them one step-at-a-time.
Because I added a swivel hook and D-ring closure to my bag instead of the plastic release buckle in the instructions, I didn't quite get the placement correct. Annie has worked it out on her instructions though . I need to adjust it so that the flap is lower on the bag, I just haven't got around to doing it yet. The flap can be made of fabric like mine or you can use a chalkboard fabric and write a message on the flap. Cute idea for packing your child a lunch with a sweet message written on the flap.
This is the back of the bag and there is a plastic pocket to place a name card and slip it inside.
Stitching on the sides of the bag allow it to fold flat when not in use.
Roomy inside and a mesh pocket to hold an ice pack.
Mesh pocket inside.
Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. Sooooo Stinking cute!! I love the contrast of fabrics....the size and shape...everything!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful lunch bag, Daryl. Lovely fabrics You used!!!
    A plastic pocket to place a name card is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful job on your part dear. You are such a wonderfully clever sewer and your finished projects are very well presented. Creative Bag Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This lunch bag is so cute, too. Love both of them that you made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute. I love the shape of this one and the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice lunch bag!! I like the shape, in this way the containers are held straight, with less risk of spills. Your fabrics are lovely

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...