Sunday, July 27, 2014

Humorous Quilts from The Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show

Today I thought I would share some humorous quilts that I photographed at the 39th Annual Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show as well as some quilts that were hanging inside some of the local quilt shops in Bend, Oregon.
This quilt was hanging in a gift shop in Sisters, Oregon. The quilt is by June Jaeger (June is Jean Wells Keenan's sister who designs Central Oregon scenery quilts, and western style quilts as well as animals). June sells her patterns at the Stitchin' Post of course, as well Log Cabin Quiltworks (where you can also read a bit of history about June too)
There was a series of humorous cow quilts hanging on the side of Melvin's Fir Street Market








This quilt was hanging upstairs in QuiltWorks in Bend, Oregon





I'm not sure the name of this quilt, so I am calling this Bathing Beauties. This quilt was also hanging upstairs at QuiltWorks in Bend, Oregon.
This quilt was hanging upstairs at QuiltWorks in Bend, Oregon.

Another quilt hanging upstairs at QuiltWorks in Bend.


Ah if only this place did exist!!!! LOL!!!




This quilt was hanging inside the Sew Many Quilts, quilt shop in Bend, Oregon.
  Pin It Now!

14 comments:

  1. Quilters with great senses of humor. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What AMAZING talent and humor. Thanks. Love the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, this is too funny, love all the cow ones! but the men, how did she do that, wow, I need to create a few men for my sewing room :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!!! Wow!!!! Those are all so fun!!!!! Thanks for the pics...Next best thing to being there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lov'em. But Tuesday Tushies is GREAT. Beyond creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous - the butts on the fence are such fun, and I love the 'eat your veggies' cow. All that lovely quilting and patchwork that forms the background. Amazing work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these, they are very fun and they made me think of how cute they would be on postcards. the hunky men made me think of our friend Judy. The cows or the cowgirls would be great on postcards. I'm glad these were included in the show.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing these truly fun quilts. I adore whimsy and these are uber clever. Such talent at this quilt show. Creative Quilting Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was fun just to see your photos - Humorous quilts are so great! I love that you also posted the write ups so we could read the back stories. thanks for sharing these Daryl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such funny quilts! That was a good idea to share them... that put smiles on our faces. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! these are too cute and I love the one with the kitties and the boots LOL!! great photos:) TFS
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so my style...so fun and playful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are just delightful. I've never seen anything quite like them before. As I scrolled down I kept saying this is my favourite, it's impossible to choose. You are so lucky to have attended the show.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those were great.If only we could find Wander Lust. LOL
    I love the cowgirls sitting on the fence.
    Fun Fun

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...