Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Painted Rick Rack

I couldn't find any jumbo turquoise colored rick rack, so I bought white rick rack and painted it. I used Setacolor Fabric Paint by Pebeo.

That's the kind of paint used for Heliographic fabric art or sun art.

You lay your fabric down outside and sponge on diluted Transparent Setacolor in whatever color patterns you like. Then lay feathers, lace, netting, leaves, precut cardboard, flowers, metal washers, keys or anything on the fabric and the sun reacts with the paint to leave the image on the fabric. It's fun to do. There is plenty of sun here in New Mexico to do this, however we also have plenty of wind here too. So it's hard to lay down objects onto the painted fabric without everything blowing clear to the next county! Best to save for a non-windy day. The fabric paints come in really beautiful colors.

The rick rack I will be adding to a quilt I am working on right now. Once I have the quilt finished I will post it, but it might take me a while to complete.
Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Great idea, I can't wait to see the completed quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful idea. I can never find the color of rick rack I want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that idea. I have some of that dye, used it on fabric and turns out great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that idea. I have some of that dye, used it on fabric and turns out great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a good idea. I'm filing it away (in my mind) for future reference. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea so you can always have the perfect color! Thanks for sharing.
    Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...