Thursday, May 17, 2012

String Quilt in Progress

I made a lot of string quilt blocks using up those never ending piles of scraps I have and the blocks sat stacked up on my table for about a year. I finally decided I would do a quilt-as-you-go in rows, since this is a king size quilt. So I got down on my hands and knees 2 days ago and I pin-basted 5 rows (one single row and 4 double block rows). This is so large as you can see by the photograph, that the row on the far left ran into the table and chair and couldn't be placed down flat on the floor. I wasn't about to wrestle this monster under my sewing machine to quilt it and this is why I am doing a quilt-as-you-go in rows.
I linked this to the May-for-Me Thursday linkys. Also see the top tab under Weekly Linky Parties.
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...